Thursday 28 July 2011

Racing...

Haven't posted for a bit because, well, I've been out riding a lot really. My fitness is progressing nicely so I thought I would set myself a bit of a challenge... I have made the rather rash decision to enter the Dusky Valleys 12 as a soloist. I really have no idea how I will do: my speed and endurance are good at the moment but I suspect my total inexperience in this sort of thing will be my undoing. Hopefully I'll be able to get some sort of pit crew together to keep me on track, and Dave B says he will give me some nutrition advice. Other than that, what sort of bike to ride? Loving the singlespeed at the moment so maybe that with a lower gear? Or the Cobia, but the big fork makes it a bit slack, and if I had a puncture it would take ages to get the front wheel out... or the Superlight I suppose, but I'm not big on 26" wheels at the moment... too much choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment